As per the beginner 2, elementary and pre novice skater agreement, EACH skater/skater’s parent is required to complete 4 hours of volunteering at a club fundraiser/event by January 1st of each season, or pay a fundraising buyout fee equal to $25 for each uncompleted hour ($100 total). Our club will be hosting two club fundraisers this year where you can volunteer your time and earn fundraising hours:
Pancake Breakfast - October 22, 2017
October 22nd, 8:00-10:00 a.m. at Applebees Restaurant in Ajax.
- Pancake breakfast tickets will be $10 each. Price includes 3 pancakes, bacon or sausage and a drink. Tickets should be available for purchase this weekend. We can accept cheques as payment or the amount can be added to your skater account.
- Parents/skaters are able (and needed!) to act as servers and greeters for this event. The restaurant will do all the cooking, we just need to supply the front of house staff for the event.
- An online sign up will be available soon. Volunteers need to be available from 7:30-10:30 and need to also purchase a breakfast ticket as we want you to enjoy breakfast too and there are food related costs to account for.
Annual Ice Show - November 19, 2017 at Iroquois Park, Whitby
Our biggest club fundraiser!
- 5 show tickets have been included in your fees. You are welcome to sell these tickets to friends and family to recoup cost. Please make sure you keep a ticket for yourself. All volunteers need a ticket as we need to be accountable and know how many people were in attendance. Any additional show tickets sold in advance of the ice show can also count towards your fundraising requirement.
- Volunteers need to be available from 12:00-4:00 on the day of the show.
- In kind donations for our gift basket table can also count as full or partial substitution in lieu of volunteer hours. Donations much be approved in advance to count towards fundraising requirements.
- Online sign up will be available soon.